Monday, March 14, 2011

over the top

Hello all
I drove the Alpine Way today (very carefully) from Corryong to Jindabyne. It is narrow and windy and I cannot remember driving anywhere in Australia with so many people cutting corners. It must be a New South Wales thing as i nearly got wiped out four times by corner cutters !
Murray One Hydro Power Station
The weather was warm and humid after 25mm of rain in about 30 minutes last night in Wodonga.
Dead Horse Gap 1580 metres the highest point on the road
The cloud cover lowered after Thredbo and there has been a light mist since.
Thredbo River
Thredbo River again

 Tomorrow I start to head down The Barry Way, so I won't be able to post for a day or two as I will be very surprised if I get any coverage down there.
The next leg is the one I came for......spectacular lookouts, magnificent mountain scenery and awesome gorges. I should have some great photos to post when I next get coverage on mobilenet, until then.... 
I had to post the two following pictures from the tragic Tsunami in Japan. They are amazing and show just what sort of force these people endured..........
That upside down car is on the top of a three storey building!
Yes, that is a ferry on the roof of that two storey building!

No comments:

Post a Comment